International students must complete the following steps for admission to NWSA.
- Complete and submit the NWSA College Admissions Application. (Audition date selection and portfolio uploads are completed through the online application).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from recent instructors or counselors in an arts or educational discipline. Letters should be submitted to the Director of Student Services, email@example.com.
- Upon acceptance to NWSA, the student must follow the application procedures for International students through Miami Dade College or the University of Florida
The following documents are required to be considered for admission to MDC.
- Confidential Statement of Financial Resources- An official bank letter indicating that you have or your sponsor has on account at least $23,000 (equivalent in American dollars) and that this money is to be used to support you while you study in the US.
- Official diplomas, certificates, and transcripts – translated and evaluated.
- Test of English as a Second Language (TOEFL) - a minimum of 550(213 computer scores). Students scoring below 550 (213) are required to take the EPT test for placement. CPT testing is required following EPT testing and/or completion of EAP courses.
- Passport, I-94, and I-20
- Certificate of Health and Accident Insurance
- The following documents are required to be considered for admission to UF.
- Student must be fully admitted to the University of Florida
- Confidential Statement of Financial Resources- An official bank letter indicating that you or your sponsor has an account with funds that will be used to support you while you study in the US. For minimum account balance required, please contact the UF International Center
- Official diplomas, certificates, and transcripts – translated and evaluated
- Transfer of I-20 from MDC
- Proof of Insurance. Students can buy health insurance from the University of Florida.
International Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours for both Fall and Spring terms) and remain in good academic standard to maintain their international student status. Students are not allowed to work without permission from Immigration and Naturalization Services.
Florida Linkage Institutes
The State of Florida Legislature established 11 International Linkage Institutes to develop stronger economic, cultural, educational and social ties between Florida and countries considered strategically important to the state (Florida state statute 288.8175). The Linkage Institutes' Out-of-State Tuition Exemption program provides international students from Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, China, Costa Rica, Eastern Europe, France, Israel, Japan, Mexico and West Africa with the opportunity to apply for a waiver of the out-of-state portion of tuition. Selection is competitive and students must apply to the appropriate Linkage Institute directly.